Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentines Day

I don't think I have ever decorated for Valentines Day. But this year I felt inspired to make a little holiday cheer.  So I took an old book we were going to throw out and cut hearts out of the pages. Then with a small amount of pink watercolor I added a splash of color. With twine I made little heart rows to hand in my windows.


















I also had some old maps lying around so I cut a few hearts out to hand around the house.





We also made some classic sugar cookies and some chocolate sugar cookies for the chocolate lovers in the house. 




For gifts this year I waited till the last minute so I made a mug for the morning and then ran to the thrift store and found a vintage wool plaid shirt and a pair of coveralls. I was so excited to find them. With a little brown paper, twine and a card made from some old maps my gift for my most wonderful husband looked like I tried. 



For my little loves I bought them a few goodies and put them in tin pails. Thank you Target for your $1.00 bins!




HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment